July 25, 2010

AMD Phenom II X2 555 Unlocked!!

Have you heard about unlocking processor cores yet? 
I use AMD Phenom II X2 555 3,2 GHz type of processor on my computer. And now, I have unlocked that processor to AMD Phenom II X4 B55 3,6 GHz Processor.
I will tell you how to unlock that processor. This guide will change your bios settings, and every type of mainboard have different setting and bios setup menu. So, before that I tell you that I using MSI 785GTM-E45 mainboard. You should adjust your own mainboard settings.

There are few steps to do it
  • restart the computer and press F1 or DEL (it's depend on your mainboard) to open the bios setup menu. Then select "Cell Menu" "Note:that menu may be different for each mainboard, if you using other than MSI 785GTM-E45 you should choose menu that controling the Processor, RAM,etc like Core Speed, VCore, etc."
  • after that search for "Unlock CPU Core" and Enable it. Then select "Advanced Clock Calibration" and fill with "All Cores", on "Value (All Cores)" fill with "-2%". This number may be different for each settings because each processor even the same type have different potency and frequency. Then Save and Exit setup.
  • Then enter windows and run DXDIAG
  • Now see you computer spec on the diagnostic, you will see your processor is AMD Phenom II X4 B55, not AMD Phenom II X2 555.
  • May be this settings is unstable when you using your computer, but you can stabilize the setting on your bios. You should adjust "VCore" value and "CPU Frequency"
My computer settings
  • AMD Cool 'n' Quiet : Disable
  • CPU Freq : 200MHz
  • CPU Ratio : x18
  • CPU-NB Ratio : x12
  • Unlock CPU core : Enable
  • Advanced Clock Calibration : All Cores
  • Value(All Cores) : -2%
  • FSB/DRAM Ratio : 1:2
  • HT Link Speed : x12
  • VCore/CPU Voltage : 1.359
  • DRAM Voltage : 1.80
  • NB Voltage :1.200
  • Other settings is default
When I check my computer with CPUID will look like this


Now my dual core processor turned to quad core processor that have much better performance than before :)
Download the CPUID program here 

I hope this can be a useful information for all
Thank You


0 comments:

Post a Comment